Sunday, March 30, 2008

Husband


I came across this list in my Lady in Waiting book from college. When I read this list, it's truly what my heart desired at that time. And what a time it was. Shaun had gotten married, and I had yet to really get mixed up in the whole Jessie thing. I was at a place that if i think now, I was open to the possibility of a man that fulfilled that list, but wasn't ready for one. Now, I think I might be ready, but I don't know?. Gosh boys mix me up. One day this is what I know I need and want, the next day I believe that I would be a horrible wife and mom. Oh well...just wanted to post this list.


Spirit Controlled Christian

17 Wherefore be ye not unwise, but understanding what the will of the Lord is. 18 And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit; 19 Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord; 20 Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ ~Ephesians 5:17-20

Jesus is Number One in His Life

30 And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment. ~Mark 12:30
Broken, Relies Totally on the Lord13 I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me ~ Philipians 4:13

Ministry Minded

1 Let a man so account of us, as of the ministers of Christ, and stewards of the mysteries of God. 2 Moreover it is required in stewards, that a man be found faithful. ~ 1 Corinthians 4:1-2
Motivator; Man of Visison;


Concerned about Lost Souls

14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher? 15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things! ~Romans 10:14-15

Sensitive Spririt , in tune with needs of others

2Bear one another’s burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ. Gal 6:2

Understands the awesome responsibility of a husband to a wife

25 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself for her, 26 that He might sanctify and cleanse her with the washing of water by the word, 27 that He might present her to Himself a glorious church, not having spot or wrinkle or any such thing, but that she should be holy and without blemish. 28 So husbands ought to love their own wives as their own bodies; he who loves his wife loves himself. 29 For no one ever hated his own flesh, but nourishes and cherishes it, just as the Lord does the church. 30 For we are members of His body,[a] of His flesh and of His bones. 31 “For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh Eph 5:25-31

Humble enough to be a disciple and disciple others

19 Go therefore[a] and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Amen Matthew 28:19-20

Man of Prayer

2 Continue earnestly in prayer, being vigilant in it with thanksgiving Col 4:2

Family Man

6 Train up a child in the way he should go, And when he is old he will not depart from it Proverbs 22:6

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Stick to your list! There are many days I wish I had waited. I don't have a husband that fits the list, and it's a lot harder to maintain & enjoy my marriage b/c I'm alone in my relationship with Christ. That's a tough thing to deal with in a marriage, trust me! Boys are stupid, anyway, so find a man. :o)