Sunday, March 30, 2008

Grace


Grace...
I "Stumbled" upon this passaged in 2 Corinthians as I was avoiding work today. The passage is from Paul's 2nd letter to the church at Corinth, verses 7-9.


7And lest I should be exalted above measure by the abundance of the revelations, a thorn in the flesh was given to me, a messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I be exalted above measure. 8 Concerning this thing I pleaded with the Lord three times that it might depart from me. 9 And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ’s sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Paul was having a hard time and pleaded to Christ to remove his pain...but that's when we are told what we must all remember. HIS GRACE is sufficient for us. HIS STRENGTH is shown and made perfect in our weakness. That's what I struggle with alot as well. I have trouble admitting my weaknesses, from worldly to physically to spiritually.

WOW-- I looked up the word GRACE at Merriam Websters online...and this is the definition--unmerited divine assistance given humans for their regeneration or sanctification. That's so insane. I have never realized how the actual definition of something could have an impact. What I recieve is totally unmerited. I am so BLESSED to have forgiveness over and over and over again. How crazy. I am given that grace so that I might be renewed and set apart. That's right...set apart. I don't think about it often enough that not everyone has a Savior that did this for them.

I thought of these lyrics as well from a Matthew West song "Only Grace" I think they really get the point across.


There is no guilt here There is no shame No pointing fingers There is no blame
What happened yesterday…has disappeared The dirt has washed away And now it's clear
There's only grace There's only love There's only mercy and believing it's enough

Your sins are gone Without a trace And there's nothing left now There's only grace


You're starting over now

Under the sun

You're stepping forward now

A new life has begun

Your new life has begun
An’ there's only grace

There's only love

There's only mercy and believing…it's enough

Your sins are gone

Without a trace

And there's nothing left now

There's only grace…

I think those words are pretty poweful...I pray that I truly start remembering them.

No comments: