Sunday, January 3, 2010

2000s...What A Decade

Inspired by another blog I read..here's to the last decade of my life:

Graduated from College
First teaching job... Yoe High in Cameron
Met Claudia
Met Jessie
Lived with Erin
Directed my first play
Applied to and was accepted into grad school
Cried buckets of tears moving to Dallas
Moved to Dallas
Started graduate school
9/11 happened
Sat with Jheren Svoboda, Erik Powers and Joey Renner (students) and watched the news.
Got baptized and joined a church.
Changed major to counseling after one semester
Lived with Jennifer
Hated teaching at Marcus thanks to some very rude kids
Met Christa, Lori and Brandi working at Marcus
Went to Las Vegas and house-sat for a month with Erin
Met the Bumpus family through Erin.
Convinced Claudia to move north
Lived with Claudia
Moved out and lived on my own for the first time
Realized that working full time and graduate school sucks.
Spent lots of time and money on boys basketball games.
Met the Netschs and the Lands and gained some bonus brothers.
Nick, Lucas, Marcus, Tommy and Taylor and Cooper.
Dawn, Tony and the girls move to Minnesota for a year and a half.
Teaching at Marcus got better.
Took a day off work and drove to Anderson to vote for George W. Bush in the 2004 election.
Got great advice from Kevin, my principal, "sometimes problems just have to graduate."
They graduated (and eventually turned into normal people).
Traveled alot with Debate and I hated being gone so much.
Chicago, Philadelphia, El Paso...and everywhere in between.
Got detained by the police for having a gun on a plane in Philadelphia.
Explained to my principal why I had a gun on a school trip.
Resigned from Marcus, not because of said gun, but because I got a counseling job.
Packed my apartment in a week and moved to Houston.
Inconsolably cried the entire way, in the rain. Should have told me something.
Laid on the floor of my apartment in Houston and cried harder than I should have.
First counseling job at Elsik in Alief.
Oh. My. God.
Changed 500+ schedules with no clue as to what I was doing.
Hurricane Katrina.
400+ new students on our campus, all of them angry and scared.
Working 10 hours a day and doing a secondary internship downtown.
Hurricane Rita.
Huge fight at school, 20+ kids arrested.
Decided I was going to look for a new job.
Christa and Craig got married.
Got a job in The Woodlands
Lived with Erin again.
Made it through my first year as a College and Career Counselor.
Erin moved out and I started living by myself again.
Robin and Jason had Tyler.
Liz and Kevin had Connor.
Started taking blood pressure medicine. (not because of aforementioned things)
Got sick and lost 20 pounds.
Still taking medicine, just less.
Had a conlonoscopy and endoscopy
Diagnosed with Gastroparesis.
After 20+ years of not knowing why I get sick when I eat random things, finally got answers.
Robin and Jason had Dylan.
Erin and Jeff got married.
Drove to Missouri and back with Brandy.
Started year 10 as an educator!!

No comments: