Saturday, October 2, 2010

Leaving on a Jet Plane....

Oh crap.

Seriously, I should probably start taking the xanax now. I'm a little numb this morning as to what's about to go on. My clothes are packed, probably over packed. But that's normal. I find it pretty ironic that I use the same suitcase to go to Dallas for the weekend, and I'm going to Africa for a week. And I'm only packing one pair of shoes and wearing the other one. Seriously, I should get a gold star for that.

This morning I read my daily devotional, which I don't do daily, but I probably should. Gotta love Beth Moore. Today's verse is Isaiah 40:2. "Speak tenderly to Jerusalem, and announce to her that her time of servitude is over, her iniquity has been pardoned." I immediately thought about Hana and her family and how they are trapped in the servitude of poverty. Then I felt guilty, you can love the Lord just the same when you are poor as you can when you are rich, and you probably rely on him more.

Even though I think that we are taking her out of her servitude of sorts in the orphanage, we are also taking her out of her home and her country and away from her biological family. I can't even imagine what's running through her head. I'm 32 and overwhelmed, she's 12. I also started thinking about the verse and how I'm living this overly comfortable life and how my worldy desires are keeping me hostage as well. I know my eyes will be open to a whole new set of things when I step off that plane....first in Dubai with all the oppulancce of that country, then Ethiopia and it's poverty.

Good thing I packed tylenol, all this thinking is going to give me a headache. :o)

In other news, here is a picture of the seats in economy on the flight we are taking....
I can't lie when I say I'm a little excited about all the tv and movies...and a little dissappointed that Twilight and New Moon aren't available. :o)

I can however watch the first season of Glee, any season of Friends, tons of Disney movies, other TV Series and a bunch of other movies. I'm also packing some books and other things, because 16 hours is a pretty long time.

Love to my readers, and I hope to be able to update from the other side of the world.

No comments: