Friday, September 12, 2008

Take A Hike Ike


I wouldn't be a good Houstonite if I didn't take the time toblog about Ike. My favorite picture of the storm has been a store that boarded up it's windows and one of the pieces of the plywood has a comment along the lines of leave us alone Ike, we aren't Tina. A reference to Ike and Tina Turner, who I belive was beat within an inch or so of her life by her husband here in Houston.
Anywho. My sister was on call this weekend so she is at Texas Children's/St. Lukes and hunkered down. My brother in law and nieces are here in my apartment. It's pretty funny. Sarah is like Dawn. She want's to go outside, she doesn't care about the wind, and she's looking forward to the pine tree in front of my balcony to snap. Hailey has all of her stuffed animals and is sitting with me on the couch with a flashlight and asking when the lights were going to go out.
Hopefully we will just get bad rain and not quite as bad wind as what I think we might. I am hoping to get to bed before it really gets horrible.
Hope you are staying safe if you are dealing with this.
Say a little prayer for the 200,000+ already without power.
I have a strange feeling we won't be at school on Monday, because I doubt Caney Creek will be up an running...I know it took a while during Rita.

No comments: