Thursday, June 26, 2008

Answered Prayers

Ok, If you know me, you know I hate my teeth. I mean really hate them. It started in high school with all the braces and surgery and has just gotten progressively worse. My enamel sucks, so they break easily. I hate going to the dentist, my dental insurance blows yadda yadda yadda.

So, I've been having big problems lately with my teeth. Lots of pain, a pretty wicked gum infection that antibiotics are helping and lots of tylenol and advil and such. This last year i dropped my dental insurance and added more money to my flexible medical account with the hope and plan to spend that money on my teeth. Well, after the crap with my stomach and finding out the hard way that a colonoscopy is a pain in the butt (haha) and the pocketbook, that money is gone.


Last Sunday at church I filled out a prayer request and just "let it go." If you know me, you know I'm not good at that either. I keep things that I don't think are important to others bottled up and deal with them eventually. Well, I put in the request for prayer in three areas, comfort for the pain, discernment to find a dentist in the area who will take me, and how to pay for it. Well, the pain hasn't been too bad this week, it's been more than bearable and I've taken less medication this week. Today a deacon at the church called me and said he would make some calls, but there is a dentist in the congregation that will probably see me, evaluate me and give me xrays and the estimate for free. That would be amazing. If all goes well, I may have the money lined up and finally get this all situated. What an amazing blessing.


Trust me, I know God's there. I see his work all the time. Tonight I feel so blessed that the church would take that risk on me, Debra "Crappy Credit" and help me through this. Maybe I'll actually be smiling on the outside in all those wedding pictures of Erin's instead of just keeping the grins in the inside.

1 comment:

erinharper99 said...

Debra,
This is wonderful! Why didn't you call me...silly. I am so happy for you cause I know how much they have bothered you..Let me when you go, etc....I am so HAPPY FOR YOU!!